It’s what they’re best at. Executive leadership would only hasten America’s drain circling.
The GOP is dead. A corporation of fraudulent hucksters and sycophants. Case in point:
Offering an impassioned defense of [the in-state tuition breaks for illegal immigrants] policy — and receiving boos from a segment of the audience — Mr. Perry did not back down, saying, “If you say that we should not educate children that have come into our state for no other reason than they’ve been brought here by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart,” he said. “We need to be educating these children, because they will become a drag on our society.”
Perry asked Santorum if he had ever been to the border with Mexico.
“I’m surprised if you had,” Perry said as Santorum replied “yes.”
“But you weren’t paying attention, because the idea that you are going to build a wall, a fence for 1,200 mile and then go 800 miles more to Tijuana does not make sense,” he said. “You put the boots on the ground. We know how to make it work.”
Not backing down is not a virtue if it is used as a substitute for critical thinking. Neither are phonyfuck appeals to maudlin sentiment. Rick Perry wallows in both and expects the enervated Republican crowd to lap it up like so much runny shit.
1. The children of illegal immigrants have been brought here through the fault of their parents. If the children suffer as a result of punishment meted to their lawbreaking parents, then those parents will think twice before putting their children in dire circumstances.
2. The children of illegal immigrants would not be a drag on our society if we sent them back home. Bonus: Costs a lot less than educating them here!
3. “You don’t have a heart” is the worst kind of manipulative pap. It’s the kind of thing a person falls back on when their argument is intellectually void.
4. “Have you been to place X?” is the logical fallacy of appeal to geographical proximity. I can learn a lot about Tibet without having to actually go there. It’s called books. Maybe 2.2 GPA Perry should acquaint himself with them.
5. How is Perry so certain a wall won’t work? Fact: A wall, any wall, will work better than no wall at all.
6. “Boots on the ground.” It is to laugh. So, buddy, where are those boots on the ground? You planning to put soldiers on the border beat to prevent Mexicans from getting their free Texas college tuition? You’re all hat and no cattle.
Rick Perry. 100% dumbass. Keep this clown out of the White House. The time for hard clarity in our national politics is past due. Choices must be made stark so the average voter knows who’s really on his side. And he’ll soon find out that just about no one in our elite is. He must learn this object lesson before the reckoning can commence.